Tuesday, September 03, 2013
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL TO HOST 2014 & 2015 HOST CUP FINALS
Request for Proposals to Host
The US Youth Soccer Eastern New York State Championship Finals
The ENYYSA Arch Capital Group Cup Finals
For 2014 and 2015
Response Date October 18, 2013
The US Youth Soccer Eastern New York State Championships and the Arch Capital Group Cup Finals are
the culmination of two tournaments that start play in September. The US Youth Soccer Eastern New State
Championships are part of the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series. The winners of the State
Championships shall represent Eastern New York at the Region 1 Championships at the end of June for a
chance to win and represent the State and Region at the US Youth Soccer National Championships at the
end of July. The Arch Capital Group Cup is a tournament for the state’s lower division teams and provides
them an opportunity to play in a competition against teams of their same caliber and be crowned “State
Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) is comprised of more than 119,000 players
supported by more than 25,000 volunteers. Teams competing in both tournaments come from all of
ENYYSA’s eleven member leagues. The leagues consist of CJSL (NYC), Metrokids (NYC), BAYSL
(NYC), LIJSL (Long Island), SIYSL (Staten Island), WYSL (Westchester), EHYSL (Northern Westchester,
Putnam, Dutches, Ulster, Orange and Sullivan Counties), HVYSL (Lower Hudson Valley west of the
Hudson River, Orange and Rockland Counties), CDYSL (Capital District and North of Albany), Mid-State
(Oneonta area) and Central NY (Utica area). The competitions have approximately 1,000 teams competing.
The finals are for Boys and Girls teams from the under 10 age group to the under 19 age group that
successfully made it through the tournaments. The US Youth Soccer ENY State Cup Championships would
be on the First Weekend in June (refer to Attachment #1 for the US Youth Soccer Eastern New State
Championship Cup schedule). The Arch Capital Group Cup would be the second Saturday in June with
Sunday open as a rain date (refer to Attachment #2 for the Arch Capital Group Cup schedule). For the use
of the facilities, ENYYSA will pay a reasonable fee. The administration of the finals which includes
registration, referees, and awards will be handled by ENYYSA volunteers and administrative staff.
Outlined below are ENYYSA’s requirements for the hosting organization to run a successful tournament:
- Four Full Size soccer fields (see requested specifications on the schedules) within FIFA’s Laws
of the game, complete with 8’x24’ full face goals, corner flags and markings.
- One (1) Small Sided Soccer Field (45-55yards. Wide x 70-80 yards long) complete with 6’x
18’ full face goals, corner flags, and markings per the Rules and Guidelines of the ENYYSA
Championships. Note: this field may be laid out within one of the full size fields or be a
- Parking within close proximity to the fields. There will be an exchange of vehicles, for
unloading equipment, the front two hours prior to game times. Traffic directors shall be the
responsibility of the hosting organization.
- Restrooms within close proximity of the fields. It is estimated that there will be 300 to 500
players and spectators at any given time throughout the tournament.
- Concessions will need to be provided by the hosting organization in close proximity to the fields
and provide the usual fare, which include water and sports drinks. Additionally, the concession
must remain open until a half hour after the last scheduled game end.
- Tents or pavilion space, tables and chairs shall be provided by the hosting organization. ENYYSArequires the following;
- Registration (10x20)
- Referees (10x20)
- Medical Trainer (ENYYSA is providing tent)
- Sale of tournament memorabilia (ENYYSA is providing tent)
- Tables for two award tents (ENYYSA is providing two tents)
Please note, the cost, if applicable, should be included in the bid.
- ENYYSA will provide for a Certified Athletic Trainer for any sports injuries that may arise.
It would be beneficial if the hosting organization would communicate with the local
EMT/ambulance service and make arrangements for them to be potentially on site for the event.
- Three golf carts are required for ENYYSA to transport tournament officials, referees and theathletic trainer to the fields. The cost, if applicable, should be included in the bid.
- Water and cups for the team benches.
- Field Marshals for each game, provided by the host organization.
- The ability to provide space (i.e. “Sponsor Area”) for any of our Association Sponsors that maywant to set up a booth at the finals.
- Cleanup during and after the event shall be the responsibility of the hosting organization and thecost should be included in the bid.
- The hosting organization should provide a list of area hotels and their contact information todistribute to the teams requesting to stay overnight. Any assistance in procuring rates for theevent would be appreciated.
Please note, on the US Youth Soccer Eastern New State Championship Cup schedule, that field 4 and 5
(if appropriate) have only 2 games scheduled, ENYYSA may schedule a coaching course.
I am available to discuss any remaining issues or to clarify anything outlined in this proposal. Please
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . All bids are to be submitted by October 11, 2013 to the address
indicated above, attention Cathy O’Brien.
NYYSA State Cup Chairperson