Capital District Referee Association is affiliated with Eastern New York Soccer Referee Association, which is under the United States Soccer Federation (USSF).
To become a referee, it requires you need to be physically fit and emotionally mature. Candidates who complete all requirements will be certified as USSF referees and become eligible to officiate USSF-sanctioned games. The required minimum age is 14 years at time of enrollment. There are no exceptions.
The ENYSRA website has been updated with instruction on how to become a referee: https://enysreferee.
The process is simple:
- Registration through the US Soccer Learning Center, you will have to create a new logon profile with US Soccer and then you can register for a Grassroots Course and then complete the course and after completion, there is an associated ZOOM session with ENY.
- Complete the online modules listed
- Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments
- SafeSport (if 18 years or older)
- Online Grassroots Referee Course Module
- First Time Grassroots Referee Quiz
- U.S. Soccer Federation Gold Standard NCSI Background Check (if 18 years or older)
- Attend the ZOOM meeting you signed up for, currently there are open courses scheduled for August/September/October/November.
- Complete a Field Session with their local association, you will be notified by your local referee organization when it is scheduled.
- Create a profile in Game Officials so they can be assigned games
- Log into the ENY Game Officials account to create your profile for ENY: https://enysra.gameofficials.net/public/default.cfm
- Contact local Referee Assignors that you completed the process:
Capital District Referee Association (CD Ref) offers referee courses. For more information, please contact Michael Rennick, CDREF’s Instruction Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.